WELLINGTON UNITED AFC 125 YEARS




So this year I haven't been as prolific in publishing reports and articles on this site and this is the reason why. Wellington United AFC 125 years. A 72 page history of Wellington's oldest Association Football Club. 

There is an overview of each of the eight clubs that comes under the present day Wellington United family. That is Diamond, Pearls, Comrades, Zealandia, Hungaria, Wellington Diamond United, Wellington City, and Wellington United. As well as overviews of Women, Juniors and the current partnership with Wellington Phoenix.

Along with stories of some of those who helped build the club, the story behind securing Newtown Park as our home ground and of those who managed to keep the club going during the dark period of the early 90s when the club almost folded.

I would say its a great read, but then I'm biased as I wrote it! But I have been told that it is

There was a lot more I would have liked to put in but time and space dictated otherwise, I'll just have to keep that for the sequel or the next significant anniversary.

The book costs $30 
($7 Post & Packaging within NZ, overseas price on request)

Email Wellingtonunitedafc@gmail.com or Davewebsterdufc@gmail.com

It is also available from the Newtown Park club rooms 



Comments